True Food was established in 2000 as a means to engage non-farmers in the struggle against genetically engineered crops. It’s now a 40,000 member network dedicated to stopping the genetic engineering of our food, farms and future, and working with others to create a socially just, democratic and sustainable food system.
The True Food food list is really two lists — a list of real foods, and a list of Frankenfoods. genetically modified organisms scientifically designed to separate you from your money and your connection to good taste.
Take that most utilitarian meal, the TV dinner … or Heat & Serve meal, as it’s called by Big Food.
Here’s a True Food list of edible Heat & Serve meals:
– Amy’s Kitchen Chili
(Medium & Spicy) Chili with Vegetables
– Annie’s Naturals P’Sghetti with Tomato Sauce All-Star Pasta with Tomato Sauce
– Bernie O’s Pasta with Tomato sauce
– Bearitos Chili Black Bean Chili Spicy Chili Baked Beans
– Ginny’s Vegan Foods Savory Soy Chili Classic Ratatouille Roasted Red Pepper Chili Mexican Fiesta Stew
– Grandma Millina’s Kids Meals Pasta Rings in 3 Cheese Sauce Vegetarian Franks & Beans
– Health Valley (Hain/Celestial) Chili Fajita Turkey Chili & Beans 3 Bean Chili
– Yves Veggie Cuisine Veggie Chili Veggie Country Stew Veggie Macaroni Veggie Penne
While here are the Frankenfood dinners:
– Chef Boyardee (ConAgra) Beefaroni, Macaroni & Cheese, Mini Ravioli, ABC’s & 123’s
– Dinty Moore (Hormel) Beef Stew, Turkey Stew, Chicken & Dumplings
– Hormel Chili with Beans, Chili No Beans, Vegetarian Chili with Beans
– Kids’ Kitchen (Hormel) Spaghetti Rings with Meatballs, Macaroni & Cheese, Pizza Wedges with 3 Cheese
– Franco-American (Campbell’s) Spaghetti O’s, Mini Ravioli, Power Rangers Pasta in Sauce